Panel 2 of the ASEAN+3 Economic Cooperation and Financial Stability Forum focused on the region’s financial cooperation in today’s challenging environment.
25 years after the Asian Financial Crisis, the headwinds we face are of a different nature and come from several fronts. Today’s challenging environment in a post-pandemic era calls for bold vision and actions to enhance regional cooperation in order to overcome new challenges, sustain the region’s dynamism, and prepare for future shocks.
Moderator: Mr. Bert Hofman, Director, East Asian Institute, National University of Singapore
- Mr. Leong Sing Chiong, Deputy Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Mr. Wang Dongwei, Vice Minister, China Ministry of Finance
- Mr. Hideaki Imamura, Deputy Vice Minister of Finance for International Affairs, Japan Ministry of Finance
- Mr. Byungsik Jung, Deputy Director General, International Finance Bureau, Korea Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Mr. Randall Henning, Professor, School of International Service, American University
- Mr. Masahiro Kawai, Representative Director, Economic Research Institute for Northeast Asia
- Mr. Tetsushi Sonobe, Dean, Asian Development Bank Institute