The Advisory Panel of ASEAN +3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO) convened it’s inaugural consultation meeting with AMRO Director, Mr Wei Benhua, on 26 August 2011. The AMRO Advisory Panel Includes the following six members:
- Dr Kang Jia, President, Research Institute for Fiscal Finance, Ministry of Finance, People’s Republic of China
- Mr Shigeo Katsu, President, Nazarabayev Universaty, Kazakhstan
- Dr Junkyu Lee, Senior International Ecnomic Advisor, Ministry of Strategic and Finance, Republic of Korea
- Dato’ Ooi Sang Kuang, Special Advisor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Dr Vincent B. Valdepenas Jr. Consultant, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
- Dr Chalongphob Sussangkarn, Distinguished Fellow, Thailand Development Research Institute (Chair of Advisory Panel)
The Advisory Panel members had a candid discussion on a wide range of issues from regional economic outlook, the focus of AMRO’s economic and financial surveillance, to the straight role of the AMRO in the ASEAN +3 finance and central bank process. The views of the eminent members were very valuable, especially given that the AMRO is in it’s incipient stage of organisational development.
The consultations of the AMRO Advisory Panel will take place quarterly. Their next meeting is set for November 2011.